Waikiki Sunset

by Sam Biggs



Thursday, February 3, 2011

looking for better weather

Tough time getting out of bed this morning; not that I didn’t want to, rather that my lower back is once again acting up. I’ve been to the doctor before about it- diagnosis was multiple degenerating disks, several bone spurs and some arthritis. I’ve been on Celebrex for years for the arthritis, and as I checked online today, it seems the procedure for repairing the disks is still not available, and often surgery doesn't even help – maybe it’s time to see if having the bone spurs removed will help enough to let me get mobile again. Still, it seems like it only bothers me when the weather is cold (relatively speaking, we’ve been down into the 40s this past week in south Florida, the rest of the country has had much worse cold). Maybe I need to move farther south, like Panama or Guatemala or Belize – the lower the latitude the better the attitude?