Waikiki Sunset

by Sam Biggs



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Florida late-winter/early-spring weather –

It’s 9:00 pm and it’s still a balmy 81 degrees with a slight breeze outside. I am trying to get in the habit of spending at least fifteen minutes in our hot tub each evening before bed. I had it built into the deck at the same time as the pool – about 2 1/2 years ago – but since I usually keep the pool at 89-91 degrees I really have not used the hot tub as much as I should- we had some cooler weather a few weeks ago (40s to low 50s) and my lower back has started bothering me again – probably hasn’t for some time because of the Celebrex I was taking for my arthritic right shoulder. With a total shoulder replacement almost three years ago it feels great, and I really do not want to be on Celebrex continually – too hard on the stomach, heart and liver. So, I am resolved to make myself sit in the hot tub and watch the stars, clouds and occasional plane through the screenroom roof each night. I really love living in Florida . . .