Waikiki Sunset

by Sam Biggs



Monday, January 10, 2011

A Season of Illnesses

I am really tired of being sick, I have had a cold or flu or both pretty much since the Saturday after Thanksgiving. A couple of days last week I felt like I was finally well again, but Saturday afternoon my sinuses started up again and I started coughing and have a sore throat, again. This past six weeks has left me feeling weak and vulnerable, and it seems like I catch a cold anytime someone in the room sneezes.
It has also been a time of reflection, not just the new year, but also my mother’s passing, and my sisters’ lack of respect for the dead. I have had a new calling extended and accepted, in which I would like to be very involved, but also do not want to be giving my cold to anyone else. I have also had plenty of time to consider old friends and past places. There are so many along the way that I miss, some from Alexandria and Crystal City, some now in Potomac Ward, and of course, one from the trip to China.