Waikiki Sunset

by Sam Biggs



Thursday, February 3, 2011

Salsa Prima Vera



Since we moved to southern Florida I find that I really miss the friends and acquaintances I knew in Alexandria, and some of the people I’ve met since then who, for one reason or another are no longer a part of my life.
I recently prepared a batch of Salsa from a recipe I’ve developed over the years and my thoughts turned to a friend and his family who have moved to Boston. I sent him a message that I’d fixed a batch of the salsa he had liked while they were here in Fort Pierce Ward and that we missed him and his family. He replied that they missed us too, and that I never did send him my recipe for the salsa (which I did right away).
He also wrote that they were enjoying living only fifteen minutes from the Temple, but that they did miss the closeness of our smaller Ward. Here in South Florida we are a bit over an hour-and-a-half from the Orlando Temple, and, when it finally gets built, we will be just about the same distance from the new Fort Lauderdale Temple.
My thoughts then turned to some of the special people for whom I have a particular fondness. Some of them I haven’t heard from since we moved, and others I’ve been able to follow on Facebook, Twitter or through their blogs. I hope their thoughts of me are as fond as my thoughts of them.