Waikiki Sunset

by Sam Biggs



Saturday, February 19, 2011

More Progress on Projects


Second Wall
Framed and Wrap installed

Cool nights and comfortably warm days have helped the project move along, except - - I really do not feel like getting started until it gets at least 60 outside (65 is even better). So, I try to run around and get my errands done early, while it still cold (sort of) and work on the project later during the warmer part of the day.  The rest of the week the low is supposed to be 58 or 59 degrees and the high 78 or 79.


Second Wall
Siding Going on

I finally started getting the Second Wall built this morning - I'd Already done the layout and installed the anchor bolts. 
I split up the plates and cut the studs, then began nailing in the studs.  I squared the framing and installed the “Building Wrap”, then I started putting on the siding.  It’s not done, but I should be able to finish shear nailing it up on Monday and get the first coat of paint on it.