Waikiki Sunset

by Sam Biggs



Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Projects Progressing on and on

Today I finished up the drip irrigation for the planters, Palm trees and Oak tree in the front yard.  I still need to imbed the scalloped edging around the Oak tree, cover that area with landscape fabric and red (lava) rock.  On the other side of the driveway I need to set twenty-four feet of double forms and pour a concrete base for the staggered-block retaining wall, form a three-to-four inch drain-rock and landscape fabric layer inside of the wall and finish back-filling.  I already have about one-half of the fill from the red rock walk area on the house side of the driveway.  The rest of the fill will come from the area adjacent to the storage shed in the back yard – I need to have eight inches of footing exposed on the side for the inspection.  The ends will be OK with a concrete apron three-to-seven feet wide.  It will be nice to get at least one of my multiple projects completed; maybe some time I can actually spend some time fixing up the boat (25’ center console) to do some fishing and diving.