Waikiki Sunset

by Sam Biggs



Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Finally looking like progress

Finally my backyard project is starting to look like I am making some progress.  Since I raised the first wall, it has taken me weeks to get the second wall up – some delays for rain and a couple of days delayed for winds.  Working alone I have been reluctant to take any chances that might result in one of the 26-foot long walls falling on me, or the fence, or the compressor.   But, finally, I am ready to begin the framing on the two end walls – since the two of them combined are 20% less than the length of either side wall, these should be relatively easy – I still do not have an exact size for the overhead door on the end by the Mango Tree and gate, but I can frame the end by the grapefruit tree.   I will spend most of today taking care of the “shiners” (siding nails that missed the studs) on the second wall to get ready for a partial shear and/or frame inspection on Monday.

Notice the Mango tree in full bud on the right :-)