Waikiki Sunset

by Sam Biggs



Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Winter in South Florida

A couple of friends posted photos of snow in Utah last night, and I am again reminded of how nice it is to live in South Florida, especially during the winter. There may be a trip to Utah coming up between Christmas and New Years, so far no tickets booked, but maybe. I have been in Utah for Christmas before, and although I do enjoy the visit, the view of the snow-covered mountains, and the strong feeling of the Spirit I get whenever I am in Utah, I really do not think I could live there year-round; glad I have a paid for house in South Florida.
For the next week we have highs in the low-to-mid eights and lows in the upper sixties- while Utah was down to twenty-nine degrees last night and expected to be even colder tonight. I do enjoy the cooling temperatures in winter; I just like them to stay sub-tropical.